Sunday, September 27, 2009

Typhoon Ondoy

It's 1am and I can't seem to get some sleep. For some of the reasons:
  1. I am worried about my dad who is stuck in a truck for roughly, I think, 12 hours of continuous driving in traffic with no food and little water. He is stuck somewhere between Liana's Sucat and Sm Sucat.
  2. I am waiting for Jeric to reply!
  3. I am worried for the people who are stranded else where.
  4. Last I am somewhat pissed because I believe casualties could have been lessened if we were warned a bit earlier.
*rant starts here*

Are PAGASA's equipment so lousy that they couldn't even warn us that there was this big typhoon? Damages could have been lessened if they were able to warn us for the approaching typhoon. It is, after all, the goverment's duty and responsibility.

I don't get it, is it better to have billions of personal property damage than invest in billions of Philippine peso in PAGASA'a equipments or improvement or the drainage system or something that will ACTUALLY benefit us?

*rant ends here*

I really really believe that damages could have been lessened if we were forewarned.

I pray to those people who are still stranded it would be their second day on their rooftops without food and water. I pray to those people who have lost their belongings in the flood and even lost their lives.

No comments: